Monday, September 22, 2014

Week twooooo - September 22, 2014

I'll have been out for a month next Saturday! Cool. It's going by faster now.
This week was pretty good. Almost all of our lessons cancelled, though...that was kind of a bummer. One day we had four lessons scheduled....all cancelled. One day, five...four cancelled. It's ok, it's just kind of a little bit irritating that we plan and get all these lessons ready and then everyone cancels. If you say you're going to do something, do it!

anyway. Rant over.
So, I realized I never said anything about my area or companion.
Sister Jones is from Missouri. She's been out 15 1/2 months and was originally supposed to go to Brazil. However, she just got her visa two months ago. She's staying here. Sis jones is 22, is awesome, and we work hard. She also hiccups more than anyone I've ever met. It's ok though.
Ucon area covers a stake. So, 8 wards. It's hard covering a stake! Our boundaries are huuuuge and we only have limited miles (1000 a month), so we have to be smart about driving. We managed to go to five different wards yesterday. Five. Sundays are long and start early and exhausting. Day of rest, hahahaha. But it's good. it's good to go to bed tired. We ended up going to sleep at 10 last night, which was nice.
We eat with members. One ward will get one day a week. The YSA ward switches off with another ward. A lot of people feed us breakfast for dinner because they figure we never get it....well. We have! Haha. I've yet to eat potatoes. Go figure.
yes, I got my violin. Did I leave my scarf that grandma gave me at home? The blue and red plaid one? I want to wear it but I can't find it. I also might need stuff to get a jacket soon. it's getting colder.
We moved a family in one of our wards this week. That was fun! I liked doing that. I felt pretty useful. We filled an entire 16 foot truck and a smaller Uhaul trailer full. That was a good day.
We have two investigators with a baptismal date, but one keeps cancelling lessons. Hopefully she won't this week.
Anyway, I'm doing pretty well. Adjusting more and more. It's hard to adjust to, and everyone i've talked to says the first three months are the worst because you have no idea what you're doing. But, it's going well, i'm learning, all that stuff.

love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment