Saturday, September 6, 2014

Last P-Day in the MTC - September 5, 2014

Hey!
Today is the last pday at the MTC. I love it here, but i'm excited to leave. The sitting all day in uncomfortable chairs is getting to me. My legs are restless. The hour gym time isn't nearly enough.

We went to the temple this morning with our zone. It was so nice! Especially because yesterday was the longest day at the MTC. We had a 9 hour In-field orientation that taught us how to do stuff like talk to people, how to get referrals, stuff like that. But I felt like they could have done it in about 2 hours. It was so exhausting, but today made up for it.

So! On Sunday, we have sacrament meeting at 8:30 and relief society at 9:30, no sunday school. It's ok because every single day here is like sunday school. But during sacrament we'll have two missionaries randomly picked give 3 minute talks and then someone from the branch presidency talks and then someone from the branch presidency's wife talks. It's all nice.

On Sunday after devotional (we have devo every sunday and tuesday), we watched Elder Bednar's Christmas MTC devo called Character of Christ. Holy cow. So good. If you can find it online, watch it. Life changing stuff there. He talked a lot about turning outward and serving others, even when it's really difficult to do so. 

So we have this thing at the MTC called TRC (teaching resource center) where we teach an investigator and we teach the same one throughout the week. We've been teaching Sarah Mae and she has had the hardest, saddest life ever. She doesn't have trust in God. But, we got her to pray the other day! And we taught about the atonement and she was really interested in that. So, good stuff.

You asked about the food? I'm fine, i eat oatmeal and bananas for breakfast and have salads with like, every meal. But some elders are suffering. jeremiah 4:19-21. When they read that in class, I've never seen my companion Sister Hatch laugh so hard. She's usually pretty quiet, but she was dying. Man, I love my district. 

My companions are great. Sister hatch, like i said, is kind of quiet, but man, she knows what to say when it's needed. Especially in teaching. Sister Sondrup is awesome. She's hilarious. She talks a lot, which is good in teaching, but she also is so great to get along with. I'm glad i have great companions.

I love love looooove my district/zone. We all sit together at dinner and laugh and have fun. I never thought 18 year old boys could be this awesome. 

On tuesday, we did service stuff (cleaning). I vacuumed and it was so much fun! Vacuuming shouldn't be that fun, but it was nice to do service.

Also, THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGES AND LETTERS! Seriously. It made my day. I got the package from you, katie sent one, and then janene sent me cupcakes! I've shared them with my companions and roommates. 

I leave tuesday morning for Pocatello. We're taking a bus at 8:30 in the morning. Good thing, the other sisters in my zone left for MN at 4:30 in the morning on wedesday. So we get to sleep in. 

Anyway, I'll send pictures in a minute.
Love you!
Morgan and her companions Sister Hatch and Sister Sondrup

The Pocatello contingent

YAY!!  Packages!!  Also a look into the dorm rooms at the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment