Monday, April 27, 2015

Small Rays of Sunshine - April 27, 2015

So this week kind of mirrored last week, but we had some small rays of sunshine that made it better. So that's what I'll be talking about this week.

RoS #1 - We found a new investigator named Alyssa! She is AWESOME. I love that kid. She's 12 years old, and she is literally one of my favorite people ever. She wants to be baptized, she's had kind of a crazy life story (she told us all this stuff within 10 minutes of talking to her), but she's awesome. I can't wait to see her on Tuesday.

RoS #2 - We taught an awesome lesson to one of our newer investigators, Dawn. She was super open. She wants to grow her relationship with God. We also helped her pull weeds this week. So that was fun.

RoS #3 - I got to teach Sister Fa'oa how to use a lawnmower! It was fun. There's a lady in our ward that takes us around a lot and goes out with us to lessons, and we noticed that her lawn was getting in need of mowing. So we asked her if we could mow it, she said yes, and Sister F had never used a lawnmower before. So I got to teach her and we got to do service for someone that helps us a lot. So that was cool.

RoS # 4 - WE GOT A CAR THIS WEEK!!!! After weeks of not being able to regularly go out to Fort Hall to visit one of our wards, we finally got a car! We are stoked about that. The Assistants called and I about did a backflip. It's a 2014 Subaru Legacy, kind of like the one we got in Ucon right before I got transferred. It's lovely.

RoS #5 - I got to play my violin in church this week! I told the sister in the 52nd ward in charge of music that I played violin and I would love to play in church and I think she about jumped out of her skin with excitement. I played "Nearer My God, To Thee" and it went really well :) It's fun to be able to share your talents.

So, that was the highlights of the week. If you spend more time focusing on the positives rather than what wasn't fun in the week, it makes it seem better and it makes you feel better about it. So. There you go. 
Anyway, have a good week! Send me pictures!
Morgan
A little girl who likes to come out and greet the missionaries!

Sister Brough came to visit.  She is recouping from the car accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment