Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanksgiving is sooonnnnn!! - November 24, 2014

It is. I'm excited. We have modified p-day so that we can have most of thanksgiving off. It's technically called a service day...but whatevs. I'm excited.

It's so good to hear BYU slaughtered Savannah State. Good grief, that was bad. Good for us, bad for them. Ha.

So! We had a good week. We went on exchanges on tuesday and I had to lead the area with one of the STLs along with me. Good news, I didn't die. Bad news, I almost ran over a dog. Every time I go on exchanges, I almost run over a dog. But, it went well and I feel a lot more confident to when Sister Jones leaves and I'm still here.

Speaking of which, my companion is leaving in a week! Holy cow. I don't want her to. She's been a fantastic companion. We have a really, reeeeeally similar sense of humor. Like, it's ridiculous how similar we are. But, I've learned a ton from her and I'm grateful we were together for the past few months. It's weird, all I know about being a missionary, i know from Sis Jones. It's all good things, though.

Last Monday, we went to an indoor trampoline facility thing. It was super fun, but the next day my back was sore. Sister Jones was sore too, and so were all the other missionaries that went. I don't quite understand because we didn't flop around on our backs....

We get transfer calls this tuesday. Eek. Everyone (meaning my leaders) keeps telling me I should train. I do not want to do that. That would scare the everliving daylights out of me. I'm sure it would also be really beneficial, but i have more fear than I have faith. it's something i need to work on. But, I'm excited to see what's going to be happening the next few weeks. I seriously doubt that I'll be transferred out, but I'm definitely getting a new companion.

This week was just a week full of realizations. I'm starting to realize how short of a time I actually have to be on a mission. Like.....it's basically no time at all. I'm also realizing I need to do more. We work and do a lot of things, but I can always do more. I'm also realizing I'm becoming a missionary. Like...I actually really want to be here. Really. At the beginning of my mission, I did, but I dreaded knocking on doors, time when we didn't have lessons planned, etc. But, i don't anymore. I want to go out and meet people. I seriously love being a missionary. It's one of the best things that could have ever happened to me. Ever. 

Yesterday, i was getting into the car and we were parked on ice, and I slipped and slammed my calf into the car. So, now I have a pretty nice bruise. 

I spoke in church yesterday! i talked about service. I think it went really well. I love service.

Anyway, that's pretty much all that happened this week. have a great week!

Addendum by Jenni Smith, Morgan's mom:

Morgan has asked to get Christmas cards from all of you!!  She would just love to hear from you.  Her address is listed here on the blog - it is the Mission Offices in Pocatello and they forward the mail onto the missionary:

Sister Morgan Smith
Idaho Pocatello Mission
135 S. 7th Ave
Pocatello ID 83201

1 comment: