Monday, November 17, 2014

SNOW. SNOW. SNOW. - November 17, 2014

So, it snowed this week. A. Lot. Holy cow. It got really cold, too. One night while we were driving around, it was -9. Man. I wanted to go somewhere cold..wish granted! It's been fun though. 

I drove in snow for the first time ever this week! I've lived in it before, but I've never driven in it. So that was..new. I go really slow. After zone training on Friday in Rigby, we did donuts in the parking lot so I can get the feel of driving in snow. It didn't really work out (me learning, at least) because I spent most of the time trying to make the car go out of control because it was fun. Don't worry, we were safe..haha. But it was so much fun to spin around! 
 [I will interject at this point that I do not condone her actions and I believe that missionaries should not be doing donuts in the parking lot.  What is wrong with my kids that they do these crazy things when they move away?]
Where are the wool mittens I knit for her??
We had zone conference this week. Elder Martino of the seventy came and taught the entire time. It was an 8 hour conference, and I learned a lot. 

Last Monday, we went laser tagging up in Rexburg. I was really bad at laser tag, because I kept running out into the middle of things and running after people shooting them. I had a pretty high shooting score...haha. Super fun, though. After that, we had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs and smores and sat around talking and laughing. It's fun to be able to do that kind of stuff.
Elder Sitivi has stolen Morgan's hat.  
Morgan wanted everyone to note the girl in the front roasting cauliflower.


















Not too much has happened this week, really. A lot of people cancelled because it was snowing. We still have to work....don't cancel! Oh well. One of our investigators did come to church on Sunday! That was awesome, because for the past...2.5 months, he hasn't wanted to. So for him to want to come on his own and for him to stay the entire time, that was a huge breakthrough. We were really excited.

Yesterday, we were eating lunch at one of our bishops house. We were talking, and it turns out he played for BYU the first year LaVell Edwards coached! He showed me the letter of recommendation LaVell wrote for him some years ago. That was awesome. I'm glad to see BYU won yesterday! At least we're bowl eligible this year. So happy about that.

Sister Jones is leaving in 2 weeks! That is seriously sad. I will miss her. I won't have a companion for two days or so, so I'll go to Rigby and tag along with one of the sisters up there. It's crazy to think it's almost transfer time and I'm getting a new companion soon. 

Anyway, that's about it for this week. It was cold and snowy and lovely. :)
Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Roasted cauliflower is tasty. Seriously, she has never driven in snow? She must not have had her driving job at BYU during winter. Eat donuts, don't DO donuts, Sister Smith!

    ReplyDelete