Monday, November 3, 2014

NOVEMBER - November 4, 2014

Hey!

It's getting nice and cold here. It was 32 this morning. It's the best.

But, this week went pretty well! Last Pday, we went and carved pumpkins with our non-district district (we used to be in their district, but we got switched from Iona to Rigby. Lame). My pumpkin was tiny, so I just carved a smiley face in it. it's so cute and sits on our door to the garage at home.
Morgan's happy pumpkin
On Wednesday, we went to the temple! It was sooooo beautiful. I had such a good time. I love how the Rexburg temple sits on a hill all cool like that. The inside was amazing. It was nice to relax and have a nice, peaceful time at the temple. The couple that took us is a recently reactivated member, they were just sealed last year. They are awesome.
At the Rexburg Temple with Sister Jones and a couple from Ucon.
Morgan and Sister Jones at the Rexburg Temple which is on the same street Rozzie lives on, less than a mile away!!
Halloween was pretty awesome. Our zone got together in Rigby and we were able to watch real people movies and we had a dinner we made. We watched Frozen (even though everyone voted for the Lego Movie!!!! our district leader wasn't happy about that) and Heaven is For Real. We cooked breakfast for dinner and Sister Jones and I made pancakes. It was a really fun night. It was also weird at first because I was like, I'm not supposed to be watching this! But then I remembered that we were allowed to. So that was good.

I'm reading Proverbs right now. At the temple, I flipped open a bible and opened up to that, so I'm reading a lot out of it. It's a really cool book! I'm learning that I need to accept correction and chastisement because it will help me to grow.

We had interviews with President Brinkerhoff this week. He told me I look a lot more confident. I hope he doesn't think I'm confident enough to train this next transfer (train a new missionary straight out of the MTC). But, it was good to meet and talk with him. He said that he can tell that Sister Jones and I get along really well, have a good companionship, and that we're obedient. It's always nice to hear people say that.

So, here in Idaho (and probably Utah), only the stake center has a baptism font. In order to save time and resources and stuff like that, all the 8 year olds have a specified baptism day on Saturday at the beginning of the month. We went to one on Saturday, and I was expecting maybe 3 kids and 40 people there. No. Eight or nine kids were baptized and over 150 people were there. It was crazy. It's such a weird concept, I'm not used to it..but it was pretty cool to see. We taught one of the girls who was getting baptized all the discussions (her parents asked us to) so we were able to see her be baptized.

Yesterday, in testimony meeting, a kid came up and said a normal, 6 or 7 year old testimony, and then said, "I believe in the United States of America and know it is a real country." Ok. 

We're getting ready for our baptism on Saturday! Sister Jones and I are soooooo so so so excited. This girl is so ready and we are so excited for her. This girl definitely has a past, and you can see it. She's got a few tattoos and piercings, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is that I've seen a change in her and I know that she is solid in the gospel. She literally glows when we come over and see her. It's amazing to see the changes in people.

Love you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment