Thursday, October 29, 2015

I'm So Tired - October 26, 2015

As I approach 14 months of being a missionary....i'm so tired. I kind of feel like I've hit a wall of some sorts. I honestly don't know how I'll have the energy to do four more months. But. Somehow, I'll be able to do it. I don't know how, but I'm just going to do it.

Anyway, Grace is awesome. It's such a cute little town. I'm turning into a hick out here. The truck we have is my favorite thing to drive. I have camo shorts. Farming sounds like fun. Mom, I know this may disappoint you, but I LOVE IT HERE. Haha. 

I really wanted to talk more about what I've learned this week. I mean, it was a good week workwise, but I just want to tell more about what I've been learning. 

So, i'm on this kick where I'm reading all of the epistles in the New Testament...backwards. So I started with Jude, and then John, and then Peter, etc. So this week I finished Colossians. I highly recommend it, it's a fantastic book. Paul's writing this epistle to those in Colosse to show that sanctification really only comes through unification with Christ. So he just goes to town telling us how to do that. I absolutely love what he says in chapter 3:9-10, "Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him." I've been working all my mission to put off the "old man" that I was before my mission. I just..i never want to be that person again. Because of this whole experience, I've been made into something completely different. A new man, as it says in verse 10. I can't return to who I was. And that's really ok. I love my mission and everything I've been able to gain from it. It's fantastic. 

This week we were able to see a couple who, by the looks of it, had a rough past. At first glance, the husband looks pretty scary. But. We started talking about stuff they need to do to be sealed in the temple, and they just glowed. They've still got some stuff to overcome, but they're on the right track. They read scriptures when things get hard. They text each other quotes and scriptures and stuff throughout the day. I have so much respect for them. They get it. They understand the gospel. It can change lives. It's changing their lives right now. It was such a cool experience.

Anyway, hope yall have a great week. I love Grace, I love my companions, and I love being a missionary. See ya!


The District
She's liking it in Grace
Still likes Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment