Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Welcome to McCammon, population...no one.

I thought Ucon was small? Yeah. No. Not even close. Ucon was a thriving metropolis compared to Marsh Valley. 
So, in my new area, we cover every small town from McCammon on down to Swan Lake. We have Lava Hot Springs (pronounced Laava, if you say it normal, the locals get mad..), McCammon (only cowboys live here), Arimo (population 300), Virginia (no one actually lives here), Downey (it has 2 gas stations!!!), and Swan Lake (I think 10 houses are there). So. Yeah. It's a beautiful area though! It's so cool. There's just nothing there...hahaha. But that's ok. We cover a stake and a half (Arimo stake and the McCammon part of McCammon stake) and there's so much to do. There's basically no work going on in Arimo stake right now, and there's not much to go off of. There aren't many records and stuff, so we're basically whitewashing into that part of the stake. So. There's SO MUCH to do. It's going to be fun :)

Anyway, I'm super stoked for tomorrow. Bob's getting baptized!!! I'm soooo so so excited. 

Pocatello was dang hard to leave. I miss it already. It was hard to say bye to some of the people here. Friends, other missionaries, my compa...yeah. It sucked. But. I'm supposed to be here for a reason, so I'll stay in McCammon.

Hmm. What else? We set a baptism date with a 92 year old lady in one of our wards this week. She's so....grumpy. But. She wants to be baptized, so that's cool! It's for October 15th, her birthday. So. Yeah. There's that.

anyway, that's what's going on this week. Love you!

Then I emailed her really quick and reminded her that she gave me no information about her new companion!!  She responded:

Her name is sister Hansen, she's been out six weeks longer than me and She's from Georgia! Another georgia comp haha

oh goodness we have sooooooooooooooo much work to do. there's absolutely nothing going on in arimo stake right now. But we have a good plan and we're going to baptize people there!

Bob Hensley's baptism is tomorrow. I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!! I get to go back for it. Bob has the coolest story. Thank you so much for praying for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment