Monday, September 21, 2015

It smells like pumpkin and burnt chicken - September 21, 2015

Quote attributed to one of my favorite companions and one of the best people I've met on my mission, Hannah Wooten.

So. Transfers. They're whitewashing our area and I'm going to McCammon. Wooten is going to Ammon. I do not want to leave Tyhee. I don't want to leave my companion. I absolutely do not want to leave Pocatello. This town, this dinky, dirty, old town, is my favorite place in the entire world. We got calls on Thursday around 4 and I sobbed on the couch for an hour. I don't want to leave at all. This has been the most fun, most enjoyable, greatest six weeks of my life. I love Pocatello with everything I have and it literally feels like my heart is being ripped out and smashed to pieces. Well, not really. But. Yeah. That's what transfers this go around feel like. And I only have four left. They go by so fast. I'm going to miss the everliving heck out of Pocatello, Sister Wooten, all my friends here, the people in my area, Bob (who's doing great, by the way!!!), all that stuff. Yeah. That's kind of how I feel right now. 

But you know, I'm grateful for the time I had here. I didn't exactly enjoy Poky west. So I feel like Tyhee was my second chance at loving Pocatello and I did it this time around. I learned how to love something that I didn't want to. So I'm incredibly grateful for that. I'm grateful for everyone I've met here. I'm grateful for all the companions I've had here. I'm grateful for my other missionary friends I have here. I love the Hermanas, the north sisters, everyone. I love this place, and Tyhee has definitely made my mission. It's been my favorite area. 

On a different, not so depressing note...
Bob is doing so well! I'll be able to go to his baptism!! He asked me to play violin at it. So. I have to go now :) Haha. We finished lesson four with him yesterday and went over the baptism interview questions. He passed with flying colors :) At least, with us. So all he has to do is be taught the last lesson, actually have his real interview, and he's set. Guys, he's made so much progress and it's been one of the coolest miracles to see on my mission. I've loved being a small part of that. We didn't really do anything, but it was cool to be a part of. 

Anyway. Wish me luck this week. It's going to be hard to leave. 
Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment