Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"Every Country Song sounds the same...

It consists of about 6 things - a girl, beer, tractors, fishing, momma, and something about a railroad."

- Sister Wooten

September 7, 2015  "Did I tell you about the time I shut down a 6 lane freeway?"

Quote attributed to Sister Brown. She's funny. She's one of the spanish sisters in Pocatello.

Anyway, this week has been a pretty good one! So, the past few weeks, we've been teaching a 76 year old man named Bob. Bob's wife is a member, but less active. Last year on Easter, she wanted to go to church, so he went with her. And he's been going with her ever since! Missionaries have taught him for a while, but he just started progressing a few weeks ago. Yesterday, we were teaching him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, the gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end). And....HE SET HIS OWN BAPTISM DATE!!! He just brought it up himself and asked if he could do that! Uhhh...ABSOLUTELY. So he's getting baptized on the 29th at 5:00!!! If you could, and I would seriously appreciate it, pray your guts out for him. He needs it. He's an awesome, awesome man. I'm so excited for him.

This week we also visited another part member family. The wife is a member, and they have 4 children all under the age of four. They all used me as a human jungle gym. Good gracious. At one point, I had one kid on my arm, pointing a toy gun into my eye, another was on my other arm, sawing it off with a plastic toy saw, and another one was hanging onto my ankles. It was so funny. They were adorable. I asked the four year old how old he was, and he responded, "Nine o'clock." HAHAHAHA. I laughed so hard. He was also really intrigued by my watch. I wish I could have as much energy as they had...good gracious. 

OH OH OH I burned stuff for my year mark this week! I had a holey shirt (seriously, those holes were huuuuuge) and my cast because that thing STANK to high heaven. Good gracious. It was disgusting. So I burned them in celebration of spending one year as a missionary. BEST YEAR EVER!

We're going to Yellowstone next week! We're leaving at like, 5 in the morning and we'll get back around 6. I'm so excited. I'll probably email at some point during that day, but I don't exactly know. Anyway. Love you guys! I love my life, I love the work, and I love the gospel. It's the best and I'm excited for these last six months I have. 

September 14


Quote attributed to mylovely compa, Sister Wooten. (the quote is the title of this entry)

This is an early email! We're on our way to Yellowstone at the moment. I am SO EXCITED. We woke up at four and left by five. We're on our way to Jackson right now. So that's going to be fine!

Also this week a sister who I trained for a week cut and dyed my hair. She was a cosmetologist before the missionary she did a DANG good job! I'm blonde now and I look fabulous. 

So this week was pretty awesome! A lot of cool things happened. We got to do a big service project at a farm and I picked sweet corn! Oh man. That was SO much fun. We were riding over to the corn field in a little trailer thing, and I was sitting next to Sister Vargas (coolest person ever) and we were eating raw corn, laughing our heads off, getting mean mugged by then kid sitting in front of us. And then we picked a ton of corn and we got to take some home. I love corn. 

Bob is doing AWESOME. we taught him yesterday and he lesson went really well. He is getting really excited. It's cool to see this happen, but we literally did nothing. Nothing. It wasn't us that helped Bob get to this point. A bunch of people from the ward have talked about it to us, but we haven't done anything except teach him. It's not me, it's the Lord. And that's the best part :) 

It's been a great week. I love my life, I have the best friends, I know the church is true. I love yall!
Morgan


Ps. Sorry about the yall....when you spend 24/7 with someone with a strong southern accent, it happens.
Morgan's new, blond makeover
One the way to Yellowstone
On the way to Yellowstone with Sister Wooten
Someone texted me this picture this week.  I have no other explanation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment