Tuesday, June 9, 2015

(no subject) - June 8, 2015

work
work
work 
things
sleepy
work
work work work
work
things
zone conference
things
work
nap
bananas
work
end

That, in a nutshell, really sums up my week. Not too much happened, but that's ok. 

Honestly, I don't really know what else to talk about. We had zone conference, and I played violin and it went well. So that was good. President and Sister Brinkerhoff are going home in 3 weeks and I'll miss them a lot. They are such good leaders and I've enjoyed serving with them. 

Life is good. I love you guys.

Travis posed these questions to Morgan:
Now that you're halfway thru your mission, what would you tell somebody to do if they wanted to prepare to go?

If you talked to someone at the MTC, what would you tell them the two or three most important things are that you've learned the first half of your mission. And how do you think that experience and knowledge will help you for the rest of your mission
?

Hmmm. I would tell them to decide now to not go home early. It's so much easier to have that decision made. Every single missionary, no matter what, has at one point wanted to go home. But, in the long run, it's easier to stay out, work through things, and keep going. Enduring to the end is where we become like Christ the most. That's really the ultimate goal of a mission - to become like Christ. It's not about the numbers, it's not about the converts. Who is the convert that benefits most from your mission? You and only you. You can touch people's lives right and left, but unless you leave your mission more converted to the Gospel, you wasted 18 months to two years. Going home doesn't solve problems and even though times get hard, the principle of enduring to the end will bless you immensely.

The three most important things I've learned so far is -
1. Personal conversion is the ultimate goal of your mission.
2. Missions are actually really short, and you need to make the most of your time here.
3. This gospel is the only thing that really and truly matters in life. Things that aren't based in the gospel aren't really that important.
These things set you up for the rest of your life. These things you learn on your mission will make your life easier. These things will help you to gain exaltation in the next life, and that really is what we're here to do. We're here on this earth to prepare to meet God. I wasn't converted at alllll before my mission. Now that I'm here, I am eternally grateful for the decision I've made. It's literally the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. But. It's the most worth it. I may not be baptizing everyone in Pocatello, but I am becoming more converted. And that's what really matters.

Does that answer your questions?

1 comment:

  1. I read your answers to your dads questions out loud to the family this morning as we ate breakfast. The Spirit testified to us of the truthfulness in your replies. Thank you! We love you! Aunt Lisa & Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete