Tuesday, July 21, 2015

This week has been one of the most insane weeks of my life - July 20, 2015

Ok seriously, i had the most crazy week of my life. I'll send a letter home more about it because i cannot type and like 100000 things have to happen today. ok.

So! i've had SO MUCH FUN THIS WEEK. Seriously, even though so many crazy things happened, it was so much fun. We basically saw the spanish sisters every day. They even slept over at our house last night. Good grief, it's been crazy.

ok I promise i'll send a real letter in the mail with more details! i love you!


And here is her letter I received in the mail yesterday - It is last week's news, but it is a little more detailed!!

Hi Mom!

Oh, this is so much easier than typing.  I got my cast on today.  it only goes a little bit past my wrist, so it isn't too in the way.  It's blue and I already have had some people sign it.  

This week, one evening, I told Sister Sam, "I feel like I'm holding people's salvation in my tiny hands!"  She replied (in her cute accent), "Well...your one hand is broken, so just one hand and a half."  I really enjoy serving with her.  We laughed pretty hard at that. 

We were able to go up to the Temple Visitor's Center this week with one of our investigators.  She is so awesome.  Her parents are really Catholic, and they're not the biggest supporters of her learning about our church.  But she really wants to learn more.  We went to the VC, and she really felt the Spirit strongly.  It was an awesome experience.  She was at church this Sunday and she really liked the feeling there.  

One of our Ward Mission Leaders has chickens, so we got to see them the other day.  They had names like Gertrude, Beatrice, and Marge.  I feel like those are really good names for chickens.  They were so cute.  We even got some eggs, and they've been so good in the morning.  I make one with avocado and tomato, and it is delish.

We had interviews with our new mission president this week!  He said something really cool, "No matter what you have going on right now, you need to keep going."  I liked that a lot.  It's so true, though.  If you keep going and keep pushing forward, even if you don't want to, that's when you really grow and see all the blessings.  Heavenly Father knows He asks us to do things we sometimes don't want to do (like talk to the big, scary guy working on his chainsaw about the gospel...that was not my favorite street contact).  But, when we set aside ourselves, our fears, and try to push past our human limitations and weaknesses, that's when we grow.  That's when we become someone we never thought we could become.  

I am so completely happy.  I LOVE Pocatello with all of my heart.  I love my area so much.  I never want to leave Tyhee.  I love being a missionary.  Not going to lie, it's hard, and I am always out of my comfort zone.  But I love it.  I've never been happier.  I love the Gospel.  I love everything about it.  





No comments:

Post a Comment