Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hi!! - July 13, 2015

Readership was way up this week with Morgan breaking her hand.  Luckily, she broke her left hand.  While typing is difficult, she can still write without interference from her cast.  She wrote this letter to me last week:  

Hey Mom!

It is much easier to write than to type, so here is a more detailed weekly letter.  Feel free to put it on the blog.

This week was AWESOME!  We worked so hard and we saw a ton of results.  It was way cool.  After emails last Monday, we went out and worked.  We talked to a ton of people.  It was also 104 degrees outside, but a member gave us popsicles, so that was cool.  

The 4th of July was so so so fun.  We had an all day p-day, so I slept in till about 7:30 or so.  After that, a bunch of us from our zone went on a hike up by Mink Creek (South Pocatello).  That hike was intense.  Sister Samanez got really dizzy so we went back early and ended up throwing rocks off the cliff by where the cars were.  When were driving back to Pocatello, the sisters driving us missed the exit, so we went all the way to Fort Hall and took a small field trip there in order to get back to Pocatello.  Then, we watched movies!  We caught the last 20 minutes of Big Hero 6 and then we watched Despicable Me 2.  

It was there that the hand incident happened.  Here is a more detailed explanation.  Just a forewarning, I am the clumsiest person alive.  So, in between movies, I was laying on the couch so that no one would steal it while some other sisters went and got snacks from the kitchen.  I had my dried fruit, so I needed no snackage.  I saw an elder drinking a Yoohoo, and those are my favorite.  I think the last time I had one was at Girl's Camp.  The elder said they were in the kitchen.  So I jumped up, I slipped on the gym floor, fell, and smashed my hand onto a metal chair nearby.  Oops.  It hurt the rest of the night and on Sunday.  I had the mission nurse check it out.  She sent me to the Urgent Care Monday morning.  I got it x-rayed, and sure enough, it was broken.  It's in a splint now, and I'll go in to get it cast next Monday.

So back to the 4th, at night, we went to this big park and talked, hung out, and watched fireworks.  It was so much fun.  I absolutely loved being able to spend time with the people I love.

Yesterday we went out proselyting in the evening and we were going to go contact this one address, and we saw this guy sitting outside his trailer.  We talked to him, and at first, he just looked dejected, uninterested, and sad.  But we started talking about the Gospel, the Book of Mormon, and families, and his eyes just lit up.  His whole countenance changed.  He looked so happy, it was amazing.  That's the power the gospel and the spirit has.  It's so cool to be able to witness it first hand.  He asked us to come back on Tuesday afternoon, so we definitely will.  I love it when cool stuff like that happens.  

So my companion, Sister Samanez, is from Aerequipa, Peru.  She's shorter than me, and has been a member of the church for a year and a half.  She is such a hard worker and isn't afraid to talk to anyone.  The rest of her family is Catholic, but it's cool that she's still out here, even though her family isn't Mormon.  We have a lot of fun together.

Anyway, I'd better go.  Love you lots!!

And now her email from today:


this week was AWESOME!!!! seriously, it was a really great week. a lot of cool things happened.

so i told you last monday about juan, right? well. we saw him three times this week. he is so solid. we took him on a church tour on saturday, and he told us that on the day we met him, he had been praying two hours earlier that he would be able to find someone or something to help change his life. and then we showed up. he even drove himself to church this week...fifteen minutes early. stuff like that keeps happening and it's SO COOL.

i got my cast on this morning! it's blue and it's even harder to type, haha. oh well. i'll have it on for five more weeks. so, just for the rest of the transfer.

seriously it yakes forever to type so i'm just going to send another handwritten letter this week. love you guys!
Tyhee District with the new Mission President and his wife (on Morgan's left)
Showering - looks a little creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment