Monday, January 19, 2015

Week of 10 Billion Miracles - January 19, 2015

By the way, Morgan never exaggerates.  She doesn't even know how to pronounce hyperbole.

I kid you not, we had roughly 10 billion miracles happen this week, it was crazy awesome!

So, there are roughly three things that keep me up at night. One, our recent converts. Two, I can't remember what. Three, the YSA ward we cover. I want investigators in that ward! Yesterday, we got a text from our ward mission leader saying that we had a potential investigator at church and we needed to get there soon. So, we did. This guy is golden. He was in elder's quorum and said that he was thinking about joining the church. Obviously, we were super stoked about that! We set up a time to teach him, and we set a date for him to work towards getting baptized! I walked away and asked my companion, "What the heck just happened?" Seriously, that was amazing! Things like this only happen when you're a missionary, I kid you not.

We spoke in church yesterday. I talked about President Monson's talk called "Charity Never Faileth." It was a legit talk and I loved being able to speak about it. 

So, Yvonne, our investigator with a baptism date, is doing so well! She has a countdown calender to her baptism on the 31st. We briefly talked about a program for her baptism last week, and came back last Tuesday and she had the whole thing planned out already! She said she knows what we're talking about is true because she gets really warm fuzzy feelings when we're over, when she reads the book of Mormon, etc. It's pretty awesome!

Something also really cool that happened yesterday was that we visited a nonmember named Shirley. We were driving down 109th (main street in Ucon) and we had a prompting to go stop by her house. We didn't know why, because we know Shirley wasn't interested. She's older, and she's been through the missionary lessons before. But, we turned around and stopped by. She let us in, asked a question about the Bible (she reads every day), and we got to talking about the Book of Mormon and stuff. She said she didn't believe it. She also said that the night before, she felt like she wasn't filling her potential on earth and was praying to find answers about what she should do. We straight up testified about the BofM and, even after she had said that she would never read it, she said she might! Man. That lesson was so so so soooooosososososo awesome. She's searching, and she didn't even know it! It's lessons like that that you live for as a missionary. It's good stuff.

I love it here. I'm learning so much. SWarren told me that I'm a completely different person than I was six weeks ago. This is seriously the best decision I've ever made in my life.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment