Monday, January 12, 2015

This Weeeeek - January 12, 2015

Another week down!

Transfer calls came and I'm staying in Ucon. I got made a senior companion, and I'm not really entirely sure what that entails. But. Six months in Ucon!

So, here's a story for you. I was sitting in church yesterday, and a little boy was looking at me. So I flashed a peace sign at him. Then, he flashed a peace sign. Then, I flashed some random hand signs. He kept copying me. Then, his mom kind of gave him a look, and he turned around. So, that's the story of me flashing gang signs at little kids at church. Ha.

A lot of really cool things happened this week. On Tuesday, we were eating dinner with a recent convert of two years. She and her husband just got sealed in the temple (which is pretty cool!). One of their daughters had a friend over, and she isn't a member. She's been going to Activity Days pretty regularly and coming to church with them. We asked this girl if she wanted to learn more about the church and she said yes! We went over to her house later and talked to her grandparents (who are inactive) and her grandpa said that he encourages learning about the church! That was way cool. We'll start teaching her this week.

Another awesome thing was that we set a baptism date with one of our investigators, Yvonne. She's a 9 year old girl that we found. She is AWESOME. We set the date for January 31, and when she went to church this Sunday, she told everyone she's getting baptized. She's the coolest 9 year old I've ever met! We're really excited for her. More importantly, she's really excited. Yvonne is the best

If everything works out, we'll have seven baptisms this transfer. We've been doing a lot of work, and I'm exhausted all the time. It's good to be exhausted, though. It means I'm actually doing work. 

That's really it to report. I love you all!
Rigby Zone
Sisters Grey, Smith, & Blankenship
Tag!!  You're IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment