Monday, February 23, 2015

Transfers - February 23, 2015

So. News.
We got transfer calls on Thursday, and I'm getting transferred! I'm going to Pocatello West I. So, half of the Pocatello West stake. I'm so stoked! Seriously, everyone tells me that Pocatello is like, a gross place, but I am ridiculously excited to go there. And apparently, according to a sister in my zone who served in that area, PWI has part of the reservation in that area. And it's a walking area. So, I'm excited. We leave on wednesday.
SWarren is also getting transferred. So, our area is getting whitewashed. We've been getting things ready all week and scrambling to get everything ready for the whitewash. It's kind of sad that the area I've spent six months building is getting whitewashed, but good sisters are coming in. So, we just have to get everything sorted out and it's been crazy. Yeah. This week has been fun. 
Hmm. What else? 
Umm, we had a stake music fireside last night that our district sang in. We sang "If the Savior stood Beside Me." It went pretty well.
Basically I just have transfers on my mind. It's going to be fun going to the new area, but it will be sad to leave the people. I can't believe I've spent almost six months here. A third of my mission is done and that's just crazy.
So, I've been reading a lot about charity and serving others this week. That's basically what will save us in life. We can do all the right things, make all the right choices, but unless we have charity and love other people, we can't live with God again. It says in the scriptures that those who are found with charity in the last day, it will be well with them. I've been working on that a lot this week. It's hard..but it makes you so more happy. We are naturally happier when we serve other people than when we think about ourselves and are selfish and stuff like that. That's what I've noticed. I wasn't a very charitable person before my mission, but I really want to change. I've been working on it a lot the past few weeks. I'm happier, I'm more excited to be a missionary, etc. My life is just better when I'm not focused on myself.
So, yeah. I'm excited to see what happens this week. I'm so sad to leave SWarren though. She has become my best friend in 12 weeks. I love that kid. She's helped me grow so much in so many ways. Seriously. I'm going to miss that kid.
Anyway, have a good week! Love you!
Morgan

Hey mom! I'm doing pretty well. Just getting things done and ready for wednesday.
Roz says that the sisters come over a lot. that is fun! 
I spoke in church today too! But it was fast sunday here so we always have to bear testimony on fastsunday. I'm just really, really looking forward to a week where I don't have to speak in church.
You're subbing at the high school? Fun! I didn't think you could stay away for long...haha. I'm glad you'll be able to do that! It sounds like fun.
Oooooh. The doctrine of Christ is my FAVORITE THING. Lesson 2 in PMG (Preach my Gospel) is my favorite lesson to teach. It's simple, but incredibly powerful. Enduring to the end, the last part of the gospel of Jesus Christ, is the hardest part. But, it's worth it the most. It's where we gain the most blessings and we become most like God, so that when we see him at the judgement bar, we will be like him and we will recognize Him in ourselves. Everything we grow to be, is because of Christ. That's why I love teaching about Him and His gospel so much. When we become like God, it is because of Christ. Without the atonement, we wouldn't be able to be like him and fulfill our potential on earth at all. The reason we're here is to gain our salvation, and we can only do that through Christ. Man. Good stuff. It's interesting to see how much more important this stuff is to me. Like i've always known it was important. But, I know that living the Gospel is the single most important thing to do in life. It's the only way to live with God forever. 
Yeah. Good stuff. I've had a really good past three months with SWarren. I am going to miss that kid like crazy. Seriously, I've never met someone that has helped me to grow so fast in such a short amount of time. I've never gotten so close to someone in such a short amount of time. I am forever grateful to have been companions with her. We want to room together at BYU when we get back, so that's fun.
Anyway, hope you have a good week!
Brooklyn and Dayleen - Morgan saying goodbye to friends!
Mya and Leyla - More of Morgan's friends!
The Rigby Zone Pre-transfer




Ok, so here's a story. I was in a car with the sisters that took our old car. We switched with them. Sister Whalen goes, "Oh, do you want your teeth back?" I was confused. And then she pulled out THESE. THEY WERE IN OUR CAR FOR 5.5 MONTHS AND I HAD NO IDEA. SO GROSS. Ask mike what teeth they are. They aren't mine, that's for sure. Probably some gross elder's teeth. Ew. So nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment